Defection are a raiding guild on the EU server of Aszune. We are alway's striving to improve our current standing on the server and most importantly, keep our member's happy.

The minor issue of DKP.

The minor issue of DKP.

Post  Ròb on Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:47 pm

Hi guys, I've been thinking of this for a while, but this inevitably is gonna happen in a raid. Say for example an item drops and two people who bid for that item both have the same amount of DKP. Lets say they both bid maximum DKP- Who gets the item? Now there are many possible avenues to explore here. We could take a roll, but I think that takes the object out of DKP a little. In addition we could decide it on rank priority, but generally that will piss of trials and raiders if say an officer was competing with one of those ranks. The only solution in my opinion is to give it to the person who will benefit from the item more i.e. its the better upgrade for another person. If in the unlikely or likely solution that both players have the same item and they both bid their maximum DKP (which happens to be the same) on an item then.... well I'm out of ideas- lets just hope it doesn't happen hehe.
    Give me some feedback on your views Smile

Re: The minor issue of DKP.

Post  Sharz on Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:40 pm

Now, I don't know how bidding is supposed to be done with our dkp system, if we have one, but if its an auction-like system (minimum bid and players overbidding til there's only one bidder left), then i'd say the person who bidded max dkp first would be the one to get the item, as in auctions you always have to overbid the previous bidder, or hit max bid (buyout price).

Current date/time is Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:26 pm